Author Notes: Hemp seeds, spirulina, and macadamias adorn the raw cacao and hardens into a delicate treat. Bitter but divine. —albjournal
Makes: 1 tray
cup raw cacao butter
tablespoons raw cacao powder
cup unsweetened coconut flakes
tablespoons hemp seeds
cup macadamia nuts
pinches himalayan salt
In This Recipe
- Chop macadamia nuts to bite size pieces. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add spirulina, hemp seeds, and coconut to the macadamias and combine well. This is essential so that you can act quick when working with the melted cacao.
- Place cookie sheet into the freezer with a piece of parchment paper on top.
- Fill a small saucepan with water, about 2 inches deep. Place over high heat.
- In a cook-safe bowl, place on top of saucepan and melt cacao butter until a smooth shiny texture.
- Turn off stove.
- Add in coconut, nuts, spirulina and hemp seeds into the melted cacao and mix until all well covered.
- Act quickly as the cacao hardens with each moment.
- Bring out the cookie sheet and transfer mixture quickly onto the paper and spread evenly. Keep mixture close together so that clumps form but are still flat.
- Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, bring out the bark and break into bite size pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.