If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hemp seeds, spirulina, and macadamias adorn the raw cacao and hardens into a delicate treat. Bitter but divine. —albjournal
Makes 1 tray
- 1 cup raw cacao butter
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon Spirulina
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2/3 cup macadamia nuts
- pinches himalayan salt
- Chop macadamia nuts to bite size pieces. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add spirulina, hemp seeds, and coconut to the macadamias and combine well. This is essential so that you can act quick when working with the melted cacao.
- Place cookie sheet into the freezer with a piece of parchment paper on top.
- Fill a small saucepan with water, about 2 inches deep. Place over high heat.
- In a cook-safe bowl, place on top of saucepan and melt cacao butter until a smooth shiny texture.
- Turn off stove.
- Add in coconut, nuts, spirulina and hemp seeds into the melted cacao and mix until all well covered.
- Act quickly as the cacao hardens with each moment.
- Bring out the cookie sheet and transfer mixture quickly onto the paper and spread evenly. Keep mixture close together so that clumps form but are still flat.
- Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, bring out the bark and break into bite size pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.