cup Lemon Juice
cup Olive Oil
dashes Salt and Pepper
Fresh Maine Lobster Tails from Lobster Anywhere.com
In This Recipe
- In a large to medium mixing bowl combine the lemon juice, olive oil and a dash of pepper and salt.
- Butterfly the lobster tails by cutting the upper shell down the center of the back with scissors to the tail and spread the shell-halves apart so you can see the tail meat in the shell; but, leave the bottom shell intact.
- Place the butterflied lobsters in the mixing bowl marinade and leave for about 20 mins
- Pre-heat your grill so that the internal temperature reaches 350 degrees and set up your grill for direct grilling. [Please Note: If you are using a charcoal grill make sure that before you remove the coals from your charcoal chimney that the are ash "white" for best results.]
- Once the internal temperature of your grill reaches 350 degrees place your steak at a 45 degree angle. Rotate your steak another 45 degrees and leave for additional times.
- Flip your steak and place the steak at a 45 degree angle. Rotate your steak another 45 degree angle and leave until the steak hits your desired temperature.
- Once the steak has hit your desired temperature, remove from the grill and let the steak rest for about 10 minutes to complete the cooking process.
- Remove the lobster tails from it's marinade and place a wooden skewer into the tails to prevent the tails from curling up while you grill them.
- On another section of the grill while you are grilling the steak,place the lobster tails shell-side down. Grill approximately 6 to 8 minutes, on a medium heat.
- While grilling using the leftover marinade, baste the lobster tails using a grill brush and and turn tails over.
- Grill the lobster tails for approximately 4 to 5 more minutes or until the meat is opaque and no longer transparent and firm to the touch. Remove from grill.