If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Coconut Milk - This dairy free coconut milk, is simple goodness & so easy to make! —Imbue By Tara Kircher
Makes 1 medium bottle
- 2 cups Sugar free coconut flakes
- 4 cups Filtered water
- 1 Cheese cloth, or mesh strainer
- Placing your strainer of choice over a bowl, pour & strain your coconut milk in batches, scooping out the excess pulp in the strainer between batches.
- To get thicker coconut milk for cooking, I leave the coconut pulp in there and don’t strain, as this makes it thicker for stews etc. But when being consumed as a milk, its best to strain out the flakes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days, or in the freezer for up to three months. Your coconut milk will separate after being refrigerated, this is totally normal, just give it a good shake before using.
- Use coconut milk, as you would any other milk.
More Great Recipes: