If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: So I had planned to make my 10 year old his favorite dinner, fish tacos. Well, he got a better offer (sleepover at his bestie's house) so I had to refigure out what to make for dinner. I could not eat fish tacos without him!
I always am swamped with eggs (I have two chickens that lay 2 eggs every day=14 a week. Lots of eggs!) So naturally the new dinner plans would involve eggs. I had also just purchased some really fat, juicy snap peas. The perfect light summer meal popped into my head. It involved eggs, snap peas and feta cheese, starring in a frittata. The perfect light summer meal. And quick to pull together.
I had two helpings. Even if you don't have chickens that lay a lot of eggs, I highly recommend you try it. And its the perfect light summer meal. You can swap out the snap peas for any other veggie that you may prefer.
- Spray oil
- 2 cups snap peas, washed and de stringed, cut into bite size pieces
- 7 eggs
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 4 ounces feta cheese (add more if you love it!)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a saute pan lightly with oil. Over medium high heat saute the snap peas until they are verging on soft, about 8 minutes (to soften mine quicker I usually cover them with a lid on and off for a minute or two throughout the cooking process). Salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat the eggs with the cottage cheese until mixed and no egg white remains. Spray a 9x9 inch square baking dish lightly with oil. Add the snap peas to dish and cover bottom evenly. Pour egg mixture over the top. Sprinkle the top evenly with feta cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and set. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.