If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I came up with this recipe based on the need to feed three hungry people with a small amount of leftover salmon. I thought that serving it by itself would not be enough. So, after the examination of countless recipes and the examination of the ingredients in my pantry and fridge, I went with burgers. It was handy that I had a bag of large, plain hamburger buns in the fridge and a can of pineapple in the pantry. Yay!
If you do use cooked salmon, be sure to not to mince it entirely, or else it won't hold together well and will fall apart. —Katie
Serves 4 people
For the patties:
- 1 pound salmon, cooked or raw, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1/2 large orange, juiced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
For the sauce and remaining ingredients:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 splash water
- 1 can of pineapple rings
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 pairs of hamburger buns
- mayonnaise or other plain spread of choice
- Spread mayonnaise on the hamburger buns and toast in a large pan over medium heat until lightly golden and remove. If desired, drain and dry the pineapple rings and cook in a grill pan until slightly charred. Remove to a plate.
- In a large pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat until waves appear.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or by hand, combine salmon, panko breadcrumbs, egg, sesame oil, lemon juice, orange juice, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger, and salt and pepper. Mix until everything comes together, but do not over mix. Divide the mixture into four portions and form into patties. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the ¼ cup soy sauce, orange juice, vinegar, chili powder, cornstarch, and water. Whisk until there are no lumps.
- Gently slide the patties into the pan and cook for about 5 minutes until a light golden crust forms. Carefully flip over and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the sauce mixture and cook together, spooning the sauce over the patties. Flip the patties over again to coat in the sauce. Continue cooking until it thickens. Remove from heat.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Salmon