If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Many recipes for strawberry ice cream require you to cook the strawberries, but not this one. This one allows you to harness that gorgeous fresh and floral strawberry flavor in ice cream without any of those pesky ice crystals. —Savory Love
Makes about a quart and a half
- 335 grams fresh strawberries, tops removed
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 260 grams whole milk
- 160 grams sugar
- 65 grams light corn syrup
- 1 dash xanthan gum
- Blend strawberries in a food processor or using an immersion blender, then transfer into a large bowl big enough to hold all ingredients.
- Whisk in the cream, milk, sugar, corn syrup, and xanthan gum.
- Ready your ice cream maker (if you have a freezer bowl type make sure the bowl is completely frozen! This usually takes at least 24 hours.), and begin churning immediately. Churn for 25–30 minutes, or until the mixture resembles thick soft serve ice cream.
- Transfer ice cream to an airtight container, but before putting on the lid, cover it with a layer of plastic wrap, allowing it to stick to the entire surface of the ice cream. Seal the container and place in the back of the freezer for at least 4 hours prior to serving. For best consistency, freeze overnight.
- Temper about five minutes before devouring.