Author Notes: All I can say is Idle minds like to play with their food... —Chef Chris Fogerty
Citrus Horseradish Crust
Lemon; Zested and Squeezed
Lime; Zested and Squeezed
Blood Orange; Zested and Squeezed
cups Fresh Horseradish
ounces Fresh Salmon divided into four pieces
pinches Salt and Pepper
Cedar Planks; Brushed with Olive Oil
In This Recipe
- Mix together all the ingredients for the citrus crust. Allow at least an hour for the flavors to marry.
- Season the Salmon filets with the salt and pepper. Place each one on a cedar plank.
- Using all of the Horseradish mixture, top the Salmon filets and allow to sit at room temp for 10-15 minutes.
- Pre-heat a grill or oven to 400 degrees. (gas grill prefered, they have a built in Thermometer)
- Place the Salmon (with the plank) directly on the rack of the grill. Cook for 5 minutes, and then turn the filets and cook 7 minutes more.
- Check the temperature with a digital Thermometer; when the Salmon is 145 degrees it is ready to eat and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Salmon