If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: All I can say is Idle minds like to play with their food... —Chef Chris Fogerty
Citrus Horseradish Crust
- 1 Lemon; Zested and Squeezed
- 1 Lime; Zested and Squeezed
- 1 Blood Orange; Zested and Squeezed
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Horseradish
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 24 ounces Fresh Salmon divided into four pieces
- 4 pinches Salt and Pepper
- 4 Cedar Planks; Brushed with Olive Oil
- Mix together all the ingredients for the citrus crust. Allow at least an hour for the flavors to marry.
- Season the Salmon filets with the salt and pepper. Place each one on a cedar plank.
- Using all of the Horseradish mixture, top the Salmon filets and allow to sit at room temp for 10-15 minutes.
- Pre-heat a grill or oven to 400 degrees. (gas grill prefered, they have a built in Thermometer)
- Place the Salmon (with the plank) directly on the rack of the grill. Cook for 5 minutes, and then turn the filets and cook 7 minutes more.
- Check the temperature with a digital Thermometer; when the Salmon is 145 degrees it is ready to eat and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Salmon