If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This one-pot Breakfast Casserole has an amazing Tex-Mex flavor with cumin and black beans, chipotle peppers and fried eggs right on top! —Sarah 'n Spice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pack Lightlife Gimme Lean Veggie Sausage (14oz)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28oz)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (14oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4-6 large eggs (depending on how many guests you are serving, 1 egg per person)
- Crumbled Cojita cheese for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a 12-inch ovenproof casserole dish or pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic, chipotle and cumin. Mix together with onions.
- Place the Gimme Lean Sausage Meat into the pan and break up with a wooden spoon.
- Mix together thoroughly with onion and spices and cook for about 5-6 minutes and the sausage starts to brown.
- Add the tomatoes, black beans and cilantro to the pan. Mix together.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and add in salt and black pepper.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Once the casserole is ready, fry eggs to desired doneness and place on top of the casserole.
- Sprinkle cilantro and Cojita cheese over the top.
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch