If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's a Japanese chicken 'n egg recipe, called "parent and child" (OYAKO). I learned it from my husband who is Japanese. —Francesca
tablespoons chicken stock
tablespoons Mirin (sweet cooking sake)
tablespoons soy sauce
cups cooked rice
- Cut the chicken thighs into bite-size pieces.
- Peel the onion and slice it thinly.
- Beat the 3 eggs in a bowl.
- Combine chicken stock, sake, sugar, Mirin and soy sauce in another bowl.
- Pour half of the chicken stock mixture in a small pan and bring to boil.
- Add half of the chicken pieces and half of the onion slices and simmer until chicken pieces are cooked (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add half of the egg mixture to the pan, cover and simmer for abut 40 seconds, till the eggs are cooked but still soft.
- Put half of the cooked rice in a bowl (like a cereal bowl) and top it with the chicken and egg mixture.
- Repeat the same process for the other portion.