If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Instead of dill, this recipe uses what most people would consider "scrap" -- fennel fronds, as a refreshing (and wallet pleasing) spin. —danti
- 1 pound salmon
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 bunch fennel frond, chopped
- cilantro (for garnish)
- Combine salt, pepper, lemon zest and chopped cilantro.
- Rub both sides of the fillet liberally with the curing mixture, and seal tight with plastic wrap. Topping it with a weight would help.
- Cure the fillet in the fridge overnight. (For a firmer texture, flip the salmon and continue to cure for up to 3 days.)
- Right before serving, rinse off the curing mixture. Slice and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Salmon