Author Notes: Ever since the mango season began this year, I haven’t been able to stop buying these luscious beauties. Deceptively so, most of them however. Vibrant, voluptuous, and yielding, they are seldom as sweet and flavourful as you think they would be. Freezing and adding them to smoothies (like this lassi that I made) is a good way of using them up, but this frozen yogurt really ups the ante without too much effort.
* Adapted from Thekitchn —Kirthana | Theblurrylime
grams frozen mangoes
cup yogurt (full-fat)
tablespoons icing sugar (or other sweetener of your choice)
- Line a bowl with muslin or any thin cloth and dollop the yogurt onto it. Hold the ends of the cloth and squeeze out the whey water from the yogurt. Tie the ends of the cloth together and hang it up somewhere where it can continue to drip out. Once completely drained (about 2 hours), transfer the thick yogurt to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add the frozen mango chunks to a blender along with sugar and hung yogurt. Pulse until the mango chunks are broken up, and then continue to blend on a medium speed for 2 minutes. Open the lid halfway through and scrape down the sides before blending again until completely smooth.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for 1 hour; take the semi-frozen yogurt out and blend again for 1 minute. Repeat the process of freezing and blending two more times, after which freeze for several hours or overnight. Leave the container out at room temperature 10 minutes before serving
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts