If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I *love* Brussels sprouts. They pick up flavors easily and have serious crunch appeal. This sweet and spicy chili sauce was wonderful on these suckers and pairs nicely with chili-lime shiitakes, avocado, and black beans.
http://veganizzm.com/spicy-korean-brussels-sprout-tacos/ —Izzy Darby
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, stems removed and sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ounces shiitake mushrooms (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed
- 2 limes
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 6″ flour or corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce or gochujang
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 350*. Toss Brussels sprouts in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (make sure they’re all coated lightly) and spread on a cookie sheet. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until crispy and slightly browned.
- Whisk all the sauce ingredients together. Once the Brussels sprouts are done, toss them in the sauce and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a skillet and add the skiitakes. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, then stir in chile powder and juice of half the lime. Remove from heat and assemble tacos with Brussels sprouts, shiitakes, sliced avocado, black beans and remaining lime juice.