Author Notes: To place the giant burger in the pan, place inverted pan over giant burger. Flip over. For easy flipping during preparation, use two spatulas and place on pklate. Invert pan over the burger and flip over. —contest enterer
Serves: 4 to 6
pounds ground beef
ounces tomato paste
teaspoon garlic powder
teaspoon basil leaves
precooked lasagna noodles
tablespoons ricotta cheese
cup grated mozarella cheese
- Preheat large skillet over medium heat.
- Mix tomato paste with water and spices.
- Divide beef into two equal parts and roll each half into a circle.
- On top of one of the halves, spoon half of the tomato paste mixture. The sauce should be spread to within an inch of the circle.
- Place one noodle in the middle of the sauce. Place the remaining noodle on top of the first noodle in a criss cross fashion. Spread the ricotta cheese on top of the noodles to within an inch of the edge of the burger. Cover the ricotta cheese with the reamining tomato paste mixture.
- Lift the edges of the burger with the ingredients on it and press the edges towards the center around the ingredients. Carefully place the second circle of beef on top of the first circle of beef and seal the edges.
- Carefully transfer the burger to the cooking pan. Cook the burger 7 to 10 minutes, or until desired doneness. Carefully flip the burger over.
- Sprinkle with the mozarella cheese cover the pan to melt the cheese. Cook 7 to 10 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Remove giant burger from pan and cut into 4 to 6 pieces and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers