If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One day I was making burgers on the George Foreman grill. I was also setting up for a plate of nachos and salsa to go with my burger. Realizing I did not have chips, I decided to add Nacho Cheese, American Cheese, Black Refried Beans, and Salsa. My girlfriend and I loved the burgers! I have not yet had a chance to make them for anyone else, but I have since changed the recipe and I am sure you all will enjoy it too! —Improvcook
Serves 1 lb. = 4 burgers
- 1-2 pounds Ground beef, Chuck
- 2 cups Black refried beans
- 1-2 tablespoons Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Pepper/Season salt (mixed)
- 1-2 cups Mild/Medium/Hot (Old ElPaso) Nacho Cheese
- 2 pieces American Cheese *obviously increase amount for more burgers.
- 1-2 tablespoons Mild/Medium/Hot (Old ElPaso) or (Pase Picante Sauce)
- 1 handful Diced White or Red Onion (your disgression)
- 1-2 Eggs per LB.
- Start off, by taking your 1-2 Lbs. of ground beef (unthawed), break it up and place it into a large bowl for mixing. Take your 2 cups black refried beans, 1-2 tablespoons of Cumin, 1-2 teaspoons of pepper/season salt mix, 1 handful of diced red or white onions, and lastly 1-2 eggs, (Depending on how many burgers you make, DO NOT EXCEED 4 EGGS per 2 LBS.!!).
- Now that you have all the ingredients that you need for the moment in the large bowl with the ground beef, mix thoroughly. (I found using my hands works best, but that's just me). After you are through with mixing the ground beef, you are ready to make burger patties.
- On my own knowledge it seems to me that everyone likes thick burgers, so do I! When making each burger, I make two thin patties and place them together with a piece of American cheese in between making a thick burger with cheese inside. (Much like a pizza burger). I don't own a barbecue grill, so I use my George Foreman grill. (If using an outdoor grill; Charcoal or gas, wrap each burger individually in tin foil).
- (Not only can these burgers be cooked on a George Foreman grills, and outside grills; They can be cooked on flattop griddles). NOW WE ARE READY TO GRILL! On the George Foreman, you will need to cook each side through with a total cook time of 3.5 mins. Temperature of George Foreman grill is a constant temp. (Easiest and quickest way). When cooking on Charcoal or gas grills, as I said before, wrap each burger individually in tin foil. (Keeps the cheese in the burger, and not in your grill!). Cook each side for about 5-6 mins or until desired. (For all who love a little pink in their burgers). Some gas grills have temperature settings, but not all of them. If there is a temperature setting, set to either 350-375 degrees. (In case of time constraints, and have to make a quick meal in an hour or so). Follow grill instructions by wrapping each burger in tin foil. While cooking at 350-375 make sure you cook eachside through for about 4-8 mins. Longer than 4-8 mins if desired for the "WELL DONE" burger.
- While the burgers are cooking take some time to butter your hamburger buns, and place them on the grill for about a minute. (A little extra flavor never hurts, but you don't have to toast the buns). After the burgers are done cooking and if you toasted your buns, unwrap all your burgers and place them on a plate. Here comes the magic final touch to this flavorful burger!
- With the burgers laid out, you will see that the American Cheese should be oozing out the sides of the burger. Take another tablespoon to black refried beans and try to smear it like a spread on the burger. WE'RE ALMOST DONE!! All that is left to do now is pour a layer of unheated, but not chilled Mild/Med/Hot Nacho cheese whichever spicy level you choose. Finally, add 1-2 tablespoons of Pase Picante sauce, place the top portion of the bun on, and it's ready to eat!
- THIS IS BY NO MEANS MEGA HEALTHY!!! It is definitely worth the taste! You can take this recipe, and add your own variations on it. Works with veggie burgers, and turkey burgers for an even healthier approach! ENJOY!!