If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe comes from Pam Wiznitzer of Seamstress—one of our favorite cocktail bars on the Upper East Side. Happy Fourth! Drink up. —Food52
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 tablespoon butterfly blue pea flowers (find these at a specialty tea shop or order online)
- 1 barspoon cherry jam (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 ounce Cherry Heering
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 2 dashes Peychaud's bitters
- 1 1/2 ounces soda water
- Infuse the vodka with the flowers for about 10 minutes; you'll see the liquid turn dark blue. Set aside 1 1/2 ounces for the drink—the extra vodka will keep!
- In a highball add the jam, cherry herring, lime and bitters. Fill with crushed ice and layer in the soda water by pouring it gently. Finish with a layer of infused vodka on top. Garnish with a mini American flag (if you like!) and a straw.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!