cups milk or water
ounces bittersweet chocolate of good quality; if you find Mexican chocolate, even better
true cinnamon stick, about 2 inches long
teaspoon vanilla extract
tablespoons almond meal or finely ground almonds
tablespoons sugar, or to taste
In This Recipe
- In a saucepan, add the milk with the rest of the ingredients.
- Set over medium heat until the chocolate has completely dissolved and the liquid is simmering, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and remove the cinnamon stick.
- Beat with a molinillo until the hot chocolate has a thick layer of foam on top. The thickest that you can!
- You can either serve while very hot or immediately pour on ice cubes to make it cold.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!