If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 cups milk or water
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate of good quality; if you find Mexican chocolate, even better
- 1 true cinnamon stick, about 2 inches long
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons almond meal or finely ground almonds
- 4 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- In a saucepan, add the milk with the rest of the ingredients.
- Set over medium heat until the chocolate has completely dissolved and the liquid is simmering, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and remove the cinnamon stick.
- Beat with a molinillo until the hot chocolate has a thick layer of foam on top. The thickest that you can!
- You can either serve while very hot or immediately pour on ice cubes to make it cold.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!