If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Typical German. This soup can be eaten as a main dish with a slices of bread —MarieGlobetrotter
- 2-3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup grated Emmantal
- 1 liter Beef or Pork both
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons mlik
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 handful thick bacon cut into dices, not too salty
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- Melt the butter in a pot. Add the flour and stir constantly with a wooden spoon until slightly golden. Pour in the broth
- Add the grated cheese to the soup and stir well until has completely melted.
- With a whisk, beat together the egg yolk and milk. Remove the soup from the heat and pour the egg-flour mixture into the soup. Add salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar to taste. Keep warm
- In a pan, fry the dice of bacon until slightly crispy. Add to the soup along with the parsley