If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I absolutely love lemon and strawberries. And, I love even more when they're incorporated into one recipe together. So this recipe is one of the results of this amazingly delicious pairing. —Maruschka
Serves 8-10 people
- 1 big lemon
- 8 small to medium-sized strawberries
- 200 grams flour
- 150 grams caster sugar
- 100 grams very soft or melted butter
- 1/2 packet yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (gas mark 6). Butter and flour a loaf cake pan (or you don't have to if you use a silicon one, like I do). Melt the butter (mild temperature in the microwave, about 30 seconds).
- Then, wash the lemon and grate the skin. Reserve. Cut up the strawberries grossly into very small pieces. Set aside. Proceed to cutting the lemon in half and squeeze to collect the juice.
- Mix the flour, sugar and yeast. Add the eggs one by one to make sure they incorporate well and then add the melted butter.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and whisk for about 15 seconds. Add the strawberries and mix quickly to make sure they're spread out more or less evenly into the cake batter.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake in the oven for about 40-45 mins (or until your toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for a bit before removing from the mould.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (you can never go wrong with cake and ice cream!) Enjoy!