If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh berry shortbread tart with cream cheese filling —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes one 11x7" tart
- Shortbread Crut
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh berries
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- To prepare crust, sift the flour and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar in a bowl of a standing mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Reduce the speed to low and beat in the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Gather dough and form a dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a tart pan with a removable bottom.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Line the prepared pan with the rolled dough. Leave a tiny overhand of dough. Use a small kitchen knife to trim the excess and to score the tops of the tart.
- Bake the crust for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the edge is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let the crust cool completely before removing from the pan.
- To prepare filling, in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the cream until it holds firm peaks. Remove cream from bowl and keep cold in fridge.
- In the same bowl, use a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until it’s soft and creamy. Gently fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture to lighten the mixture, then add the remaining cream and continue folding until incorporated.
- Pour the cream mixture in the cooled crust. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Arrange berries on top of the pie.
- Refrigerate the tart until set, about 3 hours
- Garnish with a sprinkle of powdered sugar before serving.