If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A summery, southern twist on the Moscow mule. —Katherine Hysmith
Makes 1 drink
jalapeno simple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 jalapenos, thinly sliced
to make one drink
- 1/2 ounce spicy simple syrup
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce fresh pineapple juice
- 6 ounces ginger beer
- fresh pineapple wedges for garnish
- In a small saucepan, add the sugar, water, and jalapenos and simmer on low until the sugar completely dissolves and a thick syrup forms. Remove from heat and let the jalapenos steep for a few minutes (the longer you leave them, the spicier the syrup will be). Discard jalapenos and transfer syrup to a Mason jar until ready to assemble drinks.
- Fill a mule cup with crushed iced. Add the simple syrup, vodka, and pineapple juice and give it a quick stir. Top with ginger beer until the cup is full. Garnish with a pineapple wedge and maybe a jalapeno rescued from the simple syrup.