If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There's a reason pork and apple is a classic combination, it goes so well together. But the sweet, earthy, spicy marinade makes it so much more than your traditional pork and apple sauce. This is ideal for grilling outside in the summer, but is also just as good cooked in the kitchen. —Foodandme
- 500 grams pork loin
- 2 jazz apples
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon crushed chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the pork into cubes about 2cm thick.
- Chop the garlic finely. Mix all the marinade ingredients together. Reserve some marinade for serving and use the rest to coat the pork.
- Halve the apples and cut out the core. Cut the apple into thin slices. Assemble the skewers alternating the meat and apple slices.
- Grill over a gentle heat for 5mins on each side. Serve coated with the rest of the marinade.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Cooked Over a Fire