If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: PB and J fancy style, like way fancy. —Colleen Stem
- 2 slices of a hearty wheat bread
- 8-10 large strawberries
- 2-4 tablespoons almond butter (unsalted)
- pinches sea salt
- 1-2 teaspoons earth balance or butter
- 1-2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- Turn grill on and get it to a medium heat. Remove greens from strawberries and skewer them (if using a wooded skewer, soak in water for a few minutes beforehand) Take bread and butter each side of both pieces. Place bread and strawberry skewer on grill. Cook the berries for about 2 minutes for then flip berries and cook for a minute or two more. The bread, just watch until it's has nice , not burnt, color . When the bread is grilled to your liking, remove and smear 1-2 tablespoons of almond butter on each piece. When the berries are done, remove from skewer and place o half on each piece of bread. Drizzle with honey (if you want) and sprinkle with sea salt. Eat right away
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Cooked Over a Fire