If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kiwi mousse ginger cheesecake with an almond shortbread crust —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes one 8-inch cake
- Almond Shortbread Crust
- 2/3 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Kiwi Mousse
- 2 kiwi, pureed and strained out the seeds
- 2 kiwi, sliced
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven at 350F. Grease and line an 8-inch springform pan.
- Make the crust by mixing all the crust ingredients in a food processor, until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Press the mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake crust for 15 to 18 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- To prepare filling, in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the cream until it holds firm peaks. Remove cream from bowl and keep cold in fridge.
- In the same bowl, use a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until it’s soft and creamy.
- Add sugar, vanilla and ginger, continue beating until combined.
- Gently fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture to lighten the mixture, then add the remaining cream and continue folding until incorporated.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture in the cooled crust. Smooth the top with a spatula. Store in refrigerator while preparing the kiwi mousse.
- To prepare kiwi mousse, mix pureed kiwi, sugar and gelatin in a small bowl until smooth. Microwave on high for 10 seconds to dissolve the sugar. Let cool while stirring occasionally to avoid setting.
- Place sliced kiwi on top of the cake. Let cheesecake chill in refrigerator until set, at least 4 hours.