If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lemon Oreo Ice Cream - an easy and churn-free delicious, lemony ice cream experience in every bite! Fresh lemons, lemon curd, cream, sugar, and lemon Oreos. —Holly
tablespoons lemon zest (more for garnish - optional)
large lemons, juiced (about 1/2 cup lemon juice)
cups heavy whipping cream
Lemon Oreos: Crush 12 of them, cut the other 12 into quarters. Plus more for garnish if desired
ounces lemon curd
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon curd and water thoroughly.
- Grate at least 2 tablespoons of lemon peel (slightly more for garnish).
- Squeeze the lemons and reserve the juice.
- Place lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, and heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on high until soft peaks form when the beaters are lifted.
- Fold in all of the crushed Lemon Oreos.
- Pour ½ of the whipping cream mixture into a 9x5 freezer-safe container. Add 5 tablespoon dollops of lemon curd mixture evenly distributed across the container, then drag a butter knife or thin spatula through the dish 2-3 times to create some ribbons.
- Add ½ the quartered oreos (push some of them down into the cream).
- Pour the rest of the whipping cream mixture into the container, and follow the same steps again with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and freeze in the coldest part of your freezer for 3 – 6 hours, or until it's hard.
- Scoop and enjoy. Garnish with more lemon zest and Lemon Oreos if desired.
- Note you can skip the lemon curd if you want to simplify the recipe even more - the outcome is still amazingly delicious.