Author Notes: Lemon Oreo Ice Cream - an easy and churn-free delicious, lemony ice cream experience in every bite! Fresh lemons, lemon curd, cream, sugar, and lemon Oreos. —Holly
tablespoons lemon zest (more for garnish - optional)
large lemons, juiced (about 1/2 cup lemon juice)
cups heavy whipping cream
Lemon Oreos: Crush 12 of them, cut the other 12 into quarters. Plus more for garnish if desired
ounces lemon curd
In This Recipe
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon curd and water thoroughly.
- Grate at least 2 tablespoons of lemon peel (slightly more for garnish).
- Squeeze the lemons and reserve the juice.
- Place lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, and heavy whipping cream into a mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on high until soft peaks form when the beaters are lifted.
- Fold in all of the crushed Lemon Oreos.
- Pour ½ of the whipping cream mixture into a 9x5 freezer-safe container. Add 5 tablespoon dollops of lemon curd mixture evenly distributed across the container, then drag a butter knife or thin spatula through the dish 2-3 times to create some ribbons.
- Add ½ the quartered oreos (push some of them down into the cream).
- Pour the rest of the whipping cream mixture into the container, and follow the same steps again with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and freeze in the coldest part of your freezer for 3 – 6 hours, or until it's hard.
- Scoop and enjoy. Garnish with more lemon zest and Lemon Oreos if desired.
- Note you can skip the lemon curd if you want to simplify the recipe even more - the outcome is still amazingly delicious.