Author Notes: A quick and easy pasta carbonara using fresh garden green beans. Feel free to adapt this with whatever fresh vegetables you happen to have! —mtlabor
ounces thin spaghetti
tablespoon olive oil
onion, sliced thinly
cup fresh green beans, trimmed and chopped
salt and pepper to taste
garlic cloves, minced
cup heavy cream
strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
cup Parmesan cheese, grated
cup Pecorino cheese, grated
In This Recipe
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to the package directions for al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet under high heat. Add olive oil, onions, and green beans. Season with salt and pepper and saute for about 5-6 minutes, or until onion starts to soften.
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic. Cook for an additional 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cream and eggs. Set aside.
- Add the chopped bacon and the cooked pasta to the skillet.
- Mix well. Remove from heat and add in cream/egg mixture. Let the residual heat slowly thicken the sauce. Stir in both cheeses and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve right away with cheesy garlic bread!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!