If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Enjoy this wholesome cookie without breaking the caloric bank. As yummy as they are, the cookies should fill you up nicely and provide you with some tasty, midnight nutrients. What a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth! —Gracie Limoncelli
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (+ more to sprinkle)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 6 Medjool dates, chopped and pitted
- 1/4 cup unsalted toasted and slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup halved walnuts
- palm-full chia seeds (to sprinkle)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add in egg, extracts, and mashed banana, beating until combined.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- At a lower speed, stir in oats. Then add in chocolate, nuts, and fruit until batter just comes together.
- Make lumps of batter by hand with a diameter of 2/3 palm width. Mush these onto cookie sheets, leaving room between each cookie. Sprinkle with some kosher salt and chia seeds.
- Bake in oven for about 10-15 minutes. They should be done when the edges are golden brown and the top of each cookie no longer shines.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving with your favorite drink (I recommend milk).