If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an awesome dish to pair with roasted or braised meats. Creamy, cheesy, herbaceous potatoes… you just can’t go wrong. —Mas Appetit
Serves 4 - 6
- 2.5 pounds Idaho or Russet potatoes; peeled & thinly sliced
- 3 Vidalia onions
- 1 sprig fresh sage leaves
- 4 garlic cloves; grated
- Kosher sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces organic chicken stock
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese; freshly grated
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- black truffle salt
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- The Onions - sauté onions and grated garlic in skillet over medium heat, with a pat of butter and a drizzle of olive oil. Once onions are sweated (7-10 minutes), remove for heat and transfer to a bowl.
- The Potatoes - preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease ovenproof casserole dish with butter or non-stick spray. Arrange a layer of sliced potatoes over the base, then a layer of the sautéed onions, with a light sprinkling of thyme leaves (no stems), parmesan cheese, and a tiny dash of salt and pepper. Continue this layering pattern until the casserole dish is topped off. Gently pour the stock over the potatoes. Season the top layer with a little salt and pepper, then scatter the whole sage leaves and the rest of the parmesan cheese.