If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is something to have for breakfast or lunch or even an afternoon snack. Not extensive enough for dinner, perhaps, but maybe for dessert? And, best thing, nothing that special about it, except the taste.... —Katherine
- 1 homemade baguette or other bread
- 1 perfectly ripe peach
- dash fruity olive oil
- generous smear goat cheese (I use cheese that's been marinated in olive oil and herbs)
- handful optional: fresh cut herbs (basil or thyme or mint)
- small clove optional: garlic
- Toast a generous slice of bread. Spread with goat cheese. Meanwhile, slice and peel peach. Arrange slices on top of bread. Add dash of olive oil and herbs, if using. (As a variation, depending on time of day, rub bread first with a halved clove of garlic.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit