If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Juicy nectarines are macerated with lemon, thyme, and olive to create a savory-but-sweet chutney, ice cream topper, or straight-from-the-jar snack. Honey Goat Cheese Ice Cream is the perfect canvas for this gorgeous summer treat. —Jamie
For the lemon and thyme macerated nectarines:
- 1 pound nectarines
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
For the honey goat cheese ice cream:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 ounces creamy goat cheese
- For the honey goat cheese ice cream: In a medium saucepan, add cream, milk, and honey. Bring to a low simmer, stirring every so often.
- Once combined, remove from heat and whisk in goat cheese. Transfer to a covered glass dish, allowing to cool. Chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- Once mixture is completely chilled, transfer to an ice cream maker, processing according to manufacturer's instruction. Freeze additionally to reach desired consistency (I froze mine for an additional 24 hours prior to enjoying).
- For the lemon and thyme macerated nectarines: In a medium bowl, combine sliced nectarines, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, sugar, and thyme.
- Allow to macerate at least 1 hour.
- To serve: Scoop ice cream in to bowls. Top with macerated nectarines, using reserved liquid as a sauce. Garnish with additional thyme. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Savory Stone Fruit