If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My favorite flavor at Baskin Robbins is and will always be Jamoca Almond Fudge. My first job at 16 yrs old was as a scooper at BR. This ice cream is very close in flavor. easy to make and a great cold summer treat. For the custard I did not use eggs, instead I utlized the method of Jenni's Ice Cream using cornstarch and just a little cream cheese. The coffee is cold brewed in half and half. This yields an intense coffee flavor and creamy texture. —sdebrango
Makes approximately 1 quart
Making the custard and fudge swirl
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 4 scoops dark roast coffee
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbs sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup (optional but recommended)
- The day before making the custard base add the half and half and ground coffee to a lidded jar, shake and refrigerate overnight or at least 24 hours.
- In a heavy bottom non reactive saucepan add the heavy cream, milk, sugar, cornstarch, cocoa. Cook on medium heat stirring constantly until it become thick. Remove from heat and whisk in the cream cheese, coffee infused half and half, vanilla and espresso powder. Let cool to room temperature and refrigerate overnight or until it reaches approximately 40 degree's. Cover with plastic wrap that is laid directly on the surface of the custard.
- Heat the 1/2 cup heavy cream to scalding add the chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. If there are bits of chocolate microwave for about 20 seconds and stir again. Add the optional corn syrup and refrigerate.
Making the ice cream
- The custard base
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds chopped
- Take your fudge sauce out of the refrigerator so that it comes to room temperature. Follow manufacturerers instructions for your ice cream maker. Pour the custard base into the ice cream maker and process. At the end of the process add the chopped toasted almonds.
- Spoon half the ice cream into your freezer container, drop spoonfulls of the fudge on top. Spoon in the other half of the ice cream and some more fudge. Using a butter knife or skewer swirl the fudge. Freeze at least 4 hours so that it's a scoopable consistency.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts