Author Notes: Chocolate brownies made from scratch using lentils and whole wheat flour made from hard white wheat berries! You will love this amazing lentil recipe. —Palouse Brand
cups pure maple syrup
cups hard white wheat flour
cup vegetable oil
tablespoon vegetable oil
cup cocoa powder
tablespoons cocoa powder
cup brown lentils, cooked
cup small marshmallows
In This Recipe
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Grease 9X13 pan.
- Beat eggs and maple syrup together. Add in oil and vanilla.
- Sift together Hard White Wheat flour, cocoa and salt then slowly add to egg mixture and stir well, or beat in mixer on medium speed for approximately 1.5 minutes, (you will know when well blended).
- Stir in cooked lentils, chocolate chips, and marshmallows and continue stirring/mixing until well blended. Immediately transfer to baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Let cool before serving.
- In a chilled bowl whip heavy whipping cream. Add a dollop to each serving. Or if you prefer, ice cream is also a great way to top off our delicious lentil brownies.