If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A twist on the Upside Down Pineapple Cake... With STRAWBERRIES —LaToya
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 3-4 cups Strawberries, Hulled and Halved
- 12 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a 9 inch cast iron skillet, melt the 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Once it is melted add the brown sugar. Stir until brown sugar is melted into the butter. Turn off heat and leave skillet on stove.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the 12 tablespoons butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs 1 at a time. Beat in the vanilla and coconut milk
- Add in the flour mixture, scraping down sides. Mix until just combined… Do not overmix.
- Take your strawberries and arrange in the skillet over the melted sugar. Try to get the berries as close together as possible.
- Spoon the cake batter over the berries. Gently spread evenly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. (NOTE: the very first time I made this, it came out under baked… Make sure the cake looks golden and that you leave it in for AT LEAST 35 minutes.)
- Take the cake out of the oven and let sit for a minute. Run a knife around the sides of the pan, place a plate on top of the skillet and CAREFULLY invert the cake onto the plate.
- DO NOT LET THE CAKE COOL IN THE SKILLET!!! Invert it within MINUTES of taking it out of the oven or you won’t be able to get it out!!! Let cool completely.