Author Notes: My recipe is my own creation! I thought I would vary away from your regular bacon and cheese toast! —specialdeb01
Makes: 4 sandwiches
8 pieces of organic whole grain country white
1 cup melted butter
16 pieces of organic pancetta
8 slices of organic white american cheese
1 large heirloom tomato
In This Recipe
- Pre-heat oven on 400.
- On a large cookie sheet lay your pancetta out. Bake for about 7 minutes or less, depending on your desired crispiness.
- While pancetta is cooking, brush one side of each piece of bread with butter then slice tomato
- when pancetta is done, take out of oven and and put bread in and lightly toast. watch carefully so toast doesn't burn.
- When toast is done, on toasted side of bread add all ingredients in this order: cheese, pancetta, tomato, cheese.
- on a medium heated griddle or skillet, pour a little of the melted butter on griddle or in skillet add sandwich on the un-toasted side, make sure to butter side you will flip, takes a little skill to keep sandwich together, but it can be done!
- continue with steps until all sandwiches are done. you may serve each sandwich as they come off of the griddle...enjoy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes