If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired from Paris and Finnish summers, these eclairs have a fresh summery taste that will triumph in every party and they are gluten-free! —Thais FK
Makes 6 eclairs
For the gluten-free choux paste:
- 80 grams butter
- 100 milliliters water
- 100 grams rice flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 230° C.
- Bring to boil the water and the butter in a metallic saucepan.
- Add a pinch of salt and the flour and mix vigorously till the mixture will be a ball and it will leave the pan clean.
- Add the eggs and mix.
- Pipe the dough with the help of a pastry bag onto a baking tray covered with baking paper. The strips should be around 10 cm long and 2 cm thick, so use a very big round piping tip or, if you don’t have so big ones, just use your pastry bag without the tip (as I did) or a plastic food bag with a hole.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 230°C, then lower the temperature to 150°C and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Let the pastries cool down.
- Cut the cooled pastries in half vertically.
For the lemon lime curd, the earl grey cream and decoration:
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 80 grams sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50 grams butter
- 200 milliliters heavy cream
- 2 bags of earl grey tea
- 1 pinch vanilla extract
- fresh strawberries for decoration
- Put into a metallic bowl the eggs, the sugar and the lemon and lime juices and zests.
- Place the bowl onto a saucepan or cooking pot, which will be half filled with hot water, creating a bain marie.
- Place the saucepan on the stove, keeping the water hot, but not letting it boil, and whisk gently till the mixture will solidify and become creamy.
- Remove from heat, add the butter and mix.
- Place a cling wrap onto the curd, so that it touches completely the surface of the curd, in order to avoid it to crust. Refrigerate.
- Put the heavy cream into a bowl.
- Add the earl grey bags and let me soak.
- With a spoon, squeeze the bags onto the sides of the bowl, repeating the process till the cream will taste like earl grey.
- Add the vanilla extract and whip.
- Fill the pastries with the lemon curd.
- Top the eclairs with the earl grey whipped cream, with the help of a pastry bag.
- Decorate with strawberries and lime zest.