Author Notes: These are a holiday tradition in my family. A delicious twist on sausage and eggs. —Marissa Grace
- 12 medium eggs
- 3 packets Jones ground sausage meat
- seasoned bread crumbs
- Hard boil 9 of the eggs. Submerge them in cold water immediately upon removing from heat to keep the yolk from turning green around the edge. Once cool, peel the eggs.
- Split each package of sausage into three equal parts. Wrap each egg in the sausage making sure to press it around to seal all of the seams.
- Set up your breading station. One bowl with seasoned bread crumbs and one with the remaining three eggs beaten.
- Bread your sausage covered eggs: egg wash, bread crumbs, egg wash, bread crumbs. Place the breaded eggs into a well seasoned cast iron pan. If you do not have a well seasoned pan, use a non stick baking dish. The eggs tend to stick to the bottom if your pan isn't seasoned well. This will result in your breading falling off.
- Bake 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes turning the eggs every 15 minutes. These are best served immediately but can be reheated in a toaster oven if left whole.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brunch Eggs