If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spicy chicken sausage in sun-dried tomato goat cheese sauce, topped w/sweet fresh summer peas. It’s an amazing contrast of flavors and textures that’s just right for summertime eating – or really all year round! —Holly
ounces goat cheese
ounces sun-dried tomatoes in oil
garlic cloves, minced
green onions, cleaned, ends trimmed and rough-chopped
tablespoons oil from sun-dried tomatoes (or use olive oil)
teaspoon salt and pepper
pounds fresh shelled sweet peas (you want about 2 cups of peas total; baby frozen peas can be used instead of fresh)
pound penne pasta (or pasta of your choosing - enough for 4 servings)
pound hot chicken sausage links (casings removed)
cup almond milk
grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
Fresh basil, julienned for garnish
- Combine goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, green onions, salt, and pepper in food processor and process for about 2 minutes. While processing add only enough oil to reach a smooth and creamy texture.
- Remove all peas from their shells and drop into an inch of boiling water for two minutes. Immediately strain them and shock in a bowl with ice and cold water, or spread them out on a cookie sheet and refrigerate them (this will prevent them from overcooking and getting mushy).
- Cook pasta to al dente, strain, and set aside.
- Remove spicy chicken sausage from the casing. Saute in a large saucepan over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until cooked completely.
- Add the goat cheese sun-dried tomato mixture, and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in almond milk, then let the mixture heat up completely.
- Carefully fold in the al dente pasta and sweet peas.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil, Parmesan cheese, and serve with crusty grilled bread.