If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was looking for something unique to frost my lemon cake with, and after rummaging through my pantry, found a bottle of rosewater I had purchased and forgot about! This recipe was born, and I have to say, it goes really well with not just lemon cake, but white cake, vanilla cake, and even chocolate cake. —Danielle
Makes enough to frost one cake
- 1/2 cup butter, preferably European-style
- 2 cups confectioner sugar
- 1 teaspoon good quality vanilla extract
- 2-4 teaspoons light cream
- Beat the butter in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment for several minutes on medium until soft and very fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and the rosewater, and beat for another minute until fully incorporated.
- Thin with light cream until it reaches the desired consistency, based on your personal preference. (I like mine really thick, so I only add a splash)