If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The drink I made earlier this morning I just remade in a thicker form as a dessert, and I like it even better. Ground sumac, sapa, thick Greek yogurt, coffee, lemon zest, and honey come together for this dessert. Sapa, which the ancient Romans used as a sweetener, combines a mild toffee aroma with a smokey taste. It is not hard to source: Nudo can send you a bottle almost the next day after you place your order. Ground sumac, readily available online as well, is an intensely dark red, crunchy, lemony tasting herb from the cashew family. Makes a great dessert or even breakfast. —Sagegreen
- 2/3 cup thick plain Greek or Turkish yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Sapa
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon strong coffee brewed
- sprinkles of sumac for garnish
- sprig of spearmint leaf for garnish
- Mix all the main ingredients together and garnish with sumac and mint.
More Great Recipes: Desserts