If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who doesn’t love mini ice cream cones?! I found these adorable mini cones, wrapped in gold foil at a local kitchen store in Los Angeles.The cones reminded me of the Olympic torch and I figured they’d be perfect for an Olympic opening ceremony party! —Eden Passante
Makes 1 pint
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 tablespoon Whole Milk
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 5 ounces cream cheese, room temp and softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Passion Fruit Extract
- Whip the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in the salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon whole milk and mix until combined.
- In a heavy sauce pan, combine the whole milk, heavy cream, sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil on medium heat, then boil for 4 minutes, exactly. Remove from heat, add in the cornstarch and stir.
- When the mixture is hot, slowly pour it over the cream cheese, whisking as you go so there are no clumps in the cream cheese.
- Put the bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes until it cools.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream machine and freeze according to directions.
- When it’s almost done freezing, add in the passion fruit extract.
- Usually you can tell when the ice cream is done when it pulls away from the sides.
- To add the swirls, pour the ice cream into an enamel baking dish and add drops of food coloring throughout.
- Swirl with a toothpick or knife and then pour into an ice cream container to freeze for a few hours.