Author Notes: Who doesn’t love mini ice cream cones?! I found these adorable mini cones, wrapped in gold foil at a local kitchen store in Los Angeles.The cones reminded me of the Olympic torch and I figured they’d be perfect for an Olympic opening ceremony party! —Eden Passante
Makes: 1 pint
cups Whole Milk
tablespoon Whole Milk
ounces cream cheese, room temp and softened
cups Heavy Whipping Cream
cup Brown Sugar
tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
tablespoons Passion Fruit Extract
- Whip the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in the salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon whole milk and mix until combined.
- In a heavy sauce pan, combine the whole milk, heavy cream, sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil on medium heat, then boil for 4 minutes, exactly. Remove from heat, add in the cornstarch and stir.
- When the mixture is hot, slowly pour it over the cream cheese, whisking as you go so there are no clumps in the cream cheese.
- Put the bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes until it cools.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream machine and freeze according to directions.
- When it’s almost done freezing, add in the passion fruit extract.
- Usually you can tell when the ice cream is done when it pulls away from the sides.
- To add the swirls, pour the ice cream into an enamel baking dish and add drops of food coloring throughout.
- Swirl with a toothpick or knife and then pour into an ice cream container to freeze for a few hours.