Author Notes: Beautiful summer cake that is made in one bowl, using 4 ingredients plus any fresh fruit you have on hand (berries make for the best results). It´s fluffy, elegant, pillow-like, nice and moist, wholesome, vegan and truly delicous. Have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner..all day long. And make more than just 1 tray, it dissapears quickly. —Timeforacake
cups spelt flour
cup coconut milk (we are talking full.fat here!)
cup maple syrup
teaspoon baking powder
handfuls fruit of your choice - rhubarb and berries is THE thing
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line a smaller square baking dish with a baking paper.
- Wash, clean and cut your fruit. Mix with a bit of maple syrup or coconut sugar.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, coconut milk, maple syrup and baking powder. The batter should be a nice consistency – not runny but not thick.
- Pour into your prepared baking dish, spread your fruit over and bake for about 20-30 minutes until risen. When you put a wooden skewer through the cake it should come out clean and dry.
- Let cool for a while and enjoy any time of a day. Be careful, it is so delicious and easy to eat, that one cake won´t be enough. Double the volume and bake more. :) Enjoy and repeat.
- If you feel fancy, try adding some vanilla extact into the batter. Also, lemon zest makes it fabulous.