If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Beautiful summer cake that is made in one bowl, using 4 ingredients plus any fresh fruit you have on hand (berries make for the best results). It´s fluffy, elegant, pillow-like, nice and moist, wholesome, vegan and truly delicous. Have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner..all day long. And make more than just 1 tray, it dissapears quickly. —Timeforacake
- 1 1/4 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup coconut milk (we are talking full.fat here!)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 handfuls fruit of your choice - rhubarb and berries is THE thing
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line a smaller square baking dish with a baking paper.
- Wash, clean and cut your fruit. Mix with a bit of maple syrup or coconut sugar.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, coconut milk, maple syrup and baking powder. The batter should be a nice consistency – not runny but not thick.
- Pour into your prepared baking dish, spread your fruit over and bake for about 20-30 minutes until risen. When you put a wooden skewer through the cake it should come out clean and dry.
- Let cool for a while and enjoy any time of a day. Be careful, it is so delicious and easy to eat, that one cake won´t be enough. Double the volume and bake more. :) Enjoy and repeat.
- If you feel fancy, try adding some vanilla extact into the batter. Also, lemon zest makes it fabulous.