If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Use this creamy, lush frosting anywhere a traditional tangy cream cheese frosting might be appropriate. Or eat it with a spoon. Or pipe it into cannoli.
Barely adapted from The Design Files. —Food52
Makes 2 to 3 cups
- 300 grams firm ricotta
- 40 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 180 grams confectioners' sugar
- 1 pinch (generous) salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In a food processor, whip the butter and ricotta until smooth and there are no lumps. Slowly add the confectioners' sugar and salt until the frosting has reached a thick consistency. Mix in the lemon zest.
- Chill completely before using.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!