If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This drink is a fusion of my Jamaican and Southern roots! The tamarind creates a sour punch while the peach makes the drink fruitfully sweet! —Briana Riddock
- 1/2 cup tamarind paste
- 2 ripe peaches, seeds removed and quatered
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 10-15 mint leave + extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- In a medium pot bring water to a boil and add the tamarind paste and sugar. Remove from heat and let paste loosen up for 20-30 minutes and allow the sugar to dissolve.
- Pour the tamarind paste mixture in a blender along with the peach slices and mint leaves. Blend well and strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer.
- When the base is cooled pour the drink in a pitcher and stir in the cold water, lime juice and additional whole mint leaves. Refrigerate and serve chilled!