If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We're making pineapple cookies and we're showing you the best way to frost them! —Eden Passante
Makes 6 cookies
- 2 Sticks Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable shortening, room temperature
- 8 cups Sifted powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons Whole Milk
- 3 teaspoons pineapple extract
- Yellow and green food coloring
- Whip the butter and shortening until they’re smooth.
- Add in the sugar, 2 cups at a time and continue to beat.
- Add in the milk in between alternating with the sugar. Beat on high until the frosting is fluffy. You want it to be thick, but not too thick where it won’t pipe smoothly.
- Divide the frosting up into 2 bowls to add food coloring to each of them. We used a tiny bit of gel food coloring to get the desired green and yellow we wanted.
- Put the frosting in a piping bag with the leaf tip and get frosting!