If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A crunchy, aerated cookie that's magical to make and to eat. This super easy recipe takes 20 minutes and with no baking! It would be perfect on ice cream or as a gift. —Haley Herrinton
Makes: 20 pieces
tablespoons light corn syrup
teaspoons baking soda, sifted
- Spread a sheet of parchment or wax paper over a cookie sheet, and set aside. In a medium saucepan melt the sugar, corn syrup, and honey until a hard ball boil (260 F) and the mixture begins to turn an amber color. Don't stir, but swirl the mixture occasionally.
- Take off the heat and add the baking soda at once. Stir quickly, as the mixture will begin to foam as the soda reacts with the syrup. Once the soda is completely dissolved, pour over the prepared baking sheet.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely, then crack with a knife or break it into bite size pieces.
- Store in an airtight container. Dip or drizzle the honeycomb in melted chocolate, then freeze for 20 minutes to set.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts