If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ginger beer and limes are staples at our house. Blueberry season was a good excuse to bring all those flavors together in a refreshing frozen treat —Liz | inspired by the seasons
- 12 ounces Can of Ginger Beer
- 1 pint Fresh Blueberries
- 2 tablespoons Fresh squeezed lime juice
- Put blueberries & lime juice into a food processor and pulse until combined. This does not to be smooth since the signature part of a granita is it's grainy texture. If you are looking for a more refined finished product, then strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove the blueberry skins.
- Next, add the blueberry lime mixture to a 9x12 baking pan, I used a glass one. Stir in the ginger beer and transfer to the freezer.
- After 30 minutes take a fork and run it through the mixture to loosen it up, we are trying to achieve a grainy end product here and prevent a solid chunk of ice. Repeat at least 2 more times until you have a frozen kind of slurry result. If you don't use it all, you can transfer to a covered container and keep in the freezer, keeping in mind that it may need some additional thawing time before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts