If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Make this granita when you have an afternoon to yourself. Eat one alone, over the sink (pants optional.) Save the rest of the batch in the freezer; pull it out the next time you have people over. It's dessert, coffee, and after-dinner drinks all at once. —Rebecca Firkser
Serves about 12
- 4 cups strong, freshly brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon walnut liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour coffee, liqueurs, and vanilla into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place in the freezer for 45 minutes to an hour, until the mixture starts to get icy. Using a fork, break up any slushy bits. Return to the freezer. Repeat every 30 minutes, until the mixture is completely frozen.
- Serve with plops of sweetened whipped cream or ice cream!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts