If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cake came as inspiration of Sagegreen's "Dancing with Sugar Plums: visions for a golden plum cake from dreamland
Read more: http://www.food52.com/recipes/6095_dancing_with_sugar_plums_visions_for_a_golden_plum_cake_from_dreamland#ixzz0vUu2YvDl" Mine is not as fancy as hers though. —adamnsvetcooking
- 6 tablespoons Butter at room temperature
- 1 cup Light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Self rising flour
- 1/2 cup Quick cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups Diced Plums
- Pre-heat oven at 375ºF.
- In a bowl cream the butter and the sugar. Add the egg, mix until incorporated. Add the buttermilk and the vanilla, mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients (self rising flour, oatmeal, salt, cinnamon). Add the dry ingredients in 3rd until the batter in well mixed. Add the diced plums and fold into mixture.
- Grease a 8x8 inch glass baking dish. Pour the mixture into the backing dish. Bake until a tooth pick come out clean (about 45 mins). Let the cake cool and enjoy!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums