These treats capture a little of that summery cheer, sweet and a little savory, with a nice crunch from the nuts. However, if you prefer to go nut free, you can leave them out of the mixture and they still taste great! While I used blueberries here, your favorite berry (or mixture of berries) is also delicious. —Lauren Bradford
pint fresh blueberries, rinsed and stems removed
ounces plain raisins
cup unsweetened 5-grain cereal
cup peanuts (optional)
tablespoons chia seeds
Orange, zested and peeled
5.3 ounce container plain yogurt
cup Mixed berries, sliced
- Place the first 4 ingredients in your food processor (or first 3 if omitting nuts) and pulse until the mixture is well blended.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the chia seeds. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon, take 2 scoops at a time and form into patties. Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan and refrigerate as you make the topping.
- Rinse and zest your orange (if you don’t have a zester, use a vegetable peeler to take only the orange part of the rind, and chop it up).
- Then, peel the orange and squeeze the juice from 3-4 pieces into your yogurt (chop the remaining orange slices for garnish or do what I did and enjoy the rest of the orange as you assemble 😉).
- Lay the berry 'patties' on a platter, and divide the contents of the yogurt mixture to spread over the tops. Garnish with the zest, berries and/or berries & chopped orange.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to two days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts