If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 4-5 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- pinches sea salt
- 15-oz. can full-fat coconut milk, chilled
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- zest from half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- stevia extract, sugar, honey, or maple syrup, to taste
- In a food processor, combine dates, nuts, cinnamon, oil and salt. Puree until finely chopped and the mixture sticks together when pinched with your fingers. Turn out into a square baking dish (I used a 6 x 8 glass container).
- Open the chilled coconut milk and without stirring, spoon out the cream layer into a medium bowl. With a fine mesh strainer, pour out the remainder of the can and keep all the cream that is in the top. Reserve the watery milk for another use.
- Whip the coconut cream along with the powdered sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla. Pour atop the nut layer.
- In the food processor, puree berries and chia seeds until smooth. Add stevia, sugar, or other sweetener to taste. Pour atop the cream layer, and chill in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts