If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Refreshingly sweet, light and aromatic strawberry mousse that is whipped with just a touch of sugar, a dash of champagne and a secret ingredient to hold it all together in a most delightful and smooth summer dessert. It is truly a spoon of royal summer for your family, your friends, and most of all – for you, my dear cook. This recipe was inspired by one of the menus that was served to the last Russian Royal family in 1913, as well as by a Russian cookbook author Marina Dorogova. For more information visit my blog www.suburbancountess.com —Luda Cheremeteff
cups fresh quatered strawberries
cup of sugar
packets of plain gelatin
cup of champagne
tablespoons of flattened champagne
- Mash strawberries with a masher
- Add sugar and gently mix
- Dissolve gelatin in flattened champagne over low heat, avoid boiling
- Add dissolved warm gelatin to mashed strawberries
- Whip the mixture with hand mixer on medium to high speed for 4 minutes
- Add 1/4 cup or a splash of champagne into whipped mixture, and gently mix it in
- Spoon into ramekins
- Let the mousse settle at room temperature for 30 to 40 minutes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts